Set up your Steady page and start recruiting members in just a few simple steps. It’s completely free to get started – we only start charging our fees once you’re earning money on Steady.
In order to launch a membership program, all you need is to be regularly publishing content and have a supportive community. Here we walk you through the steps you need to take to be fully operational on Steady.
Sign up with Steady
If you haven’t already, sign up for Steady with your Facebook account or email address.
Start your project
Next, start a new project. This will take you through 4 steps:
- Choose your page address (this can be, for example, your name or your publication’s name). Your Steady page is the face of your membership program – it’s where you share your goals and where you make a case for why your audience should support you. It’s also the place where you actually sell memberships. It’s essentially your membership program’s marketing page.
- Choose what kind of media you are working with. This information helps us to be able to offer you suitable tips and features.
- Enter your publication’s URL or website address. If you don’t have a website, you can skip this step.
- Choose the currency of your bank account. Your membership plan prices will be displayed to your audience in this currency.
- Read and accept the Publisher Agreement and Community Guidelines. These guidelines ensure you understand Steady’s values and goals. We expect you to accept our standards of respect, fairness and honesty, while refraining from engaging in explicit content, criminal activity and spam.
Now you’re ready to design your page. At this stage, your page is not yet public – it will remain hidden until you choose to launch it.
From the publisher area, you can click “View page” at any time to get a preview of your Steady page.
Right now your Steady page will look quite empty, but with plenty of options for customizing plans and goals, as well as displaying how many members you have and how much money you are earning each month.
Connect Steady with your website
This is quick and easy to do – and very important. Only once you’ve connected Steady to your website will the integration of various Steady features (checkout, floating button, paywall etc.) work. These features all make it easier for your audience to become members without leaving your website.
Design your Steady page
You can set up your Steady page in the publisher area. Answering the following questions will help you fill out your Steady page: What’s distinctive about your publication? Why do people follow you? What are you offering your audience?
- You’ll see options to add a logo, as well as a larger hero image, a YouTube video and a description. The most successful Steady pages fill out every section – here’s how to set up a good Steady page.
- Not familiar with making videos? Don't worry, it doesn't have to be a Hollywood blockbuster – here’s how to improve your page with a video.
- And if you need some inspiration, look at these examples of successful Steady publishers.
Goals are optional, but they can be very useful motivation for potential members.
Your goal is based on how much you want to earn. €100? €1,000? Go for it, but remember to make achievable goals based on the size of your audience. Unlike crowdfunding, there’s no time limit on your goal. You’ll earn money as soon as you have members.
- On the left side of the publisher area, click ‘Goals’.
- Enter your financial goal. You’re able to change it at any time, like once you reach your first target. Use posts on your Steady page to communicate these changes to your community.
Plans and Benefits
Plans are how you set different price points and offer a range of benefits to your members.
- You can add a new plan in the publisher area. You might like to add more than one and customize them with different prices, benefits and goals.
→ everything you need to know about plans
- Choose a benefit and describe to potential members what you will offer them.
→ which benefits to offer your members
Ready to launch
Now that your steady page is set up, you’re ready to launch. In the General section of the publisher area, change your status from “Secret” to “Public”. Now you Steady page is online and you’re ready to welcome your first member. Congratulations!
Our support team is always available if you have any questions or run into trouble. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How to make the most of Steady