Podcasts are becoming increasingly popular – in fact, today more than 400 million people listen to podcasts worldwide. As podcast audiences continue to grow, so does the willingness of listeners to support those who make podcasts.
If you have a podcast, want to get your audience more involved and you’re interested in new ways to fund your project, then Steady is for you.
Signing up with Steady costs nothing and it's really easy and fast. You can start work on your Steady project without having to make anything public – you decide when you’re ready to publish it. Here are some first steps you can use to orient yourself:
- Log into your Steady account (or create an account if you don't have one yet).
- Start a new project – our first steps page can help you. There we walk you through the first steps for Steady publishers more generally (regardless of whether you make podcasts, videos, blogs or something else).
- If you are unsure what to write, get inspired by successful Steady podcasters. There are many successful projects in there, some large, others smaller, with a broad range of subjects and backgrounds.
- Integrate Steady into your website, if you have one.
- Publish your Steady page and then let your audience know all about it. This step is crucial and it can be a hurdle for some publishers. Just remember – you’re not alone. Plenty of publishers are already relying on memberships and that includes publications of all sizes. So don't hold back: Shout it from the rooftops, again and again! We have put together some practical tips and templates to help you promote your Steady page.
- As a podcaster, you can offer exclusive episodes with the Audio RSS feed – for members only, or even just for members who have selected a specific plan. This is one type of benefit that is frequently used by podcasters, either to offer exclusive, members-only episodes or early access to regular content.
- Need help? Find more guidance on our first steps page, or feel free to get in touch.