For tax reasons we need to know your location in order to process your payment, because the VAT rate on our invoice is contingent on the country you place your order in. The generally accepted procedure is to check two independent data points for identity (e.g. your IP address and the country of your payment method). If these two data points are not identical, we unfortunately have to refuse the payment. We are very unhappy with this situation and are considering alternatives - until then we must ask you to try PayPal, where this problem (usually) does not occur.
Articles in this section
- Troubleshooting Guide
- Login problems
- My payout doesn't match the amount shown in my publisher account
- My Steady page has been locked. Why and what can I do?
- Charge from Steady on your statement?
- There was a problem determining my location
- The Steady Floating Button hides important parts of the website
- GoCardless: Why you are redirected when paying
- There's a problem with payments