With Steady, you can offer your members exclusive access to podcast episodes or early access so they can be the first to hear your latest content.
We have built a feature that allows you to make certain audio files available exclusively to your members: the audio RSS feed.
How to activate the individual Audio RSS Feed for your Steady project
Log in to Steady and go to general settings. Scroll down to "Do you have a podcast?", click on "Activate audio RSS feed for podcasters", and then "Save". You only need to do this once.
Next, create a post with your podcast episode on your Steady page. Here's how:
- Log in to Steady and publish a new post in the posts section.
- Select the format "audio".
- Add a headline, teaser and text.
- Then you can upload your podcast episode, or enter an external URL.
- Under "Visibility", activate "Members only". It is also possible to set the post to "Public", or to share it with members of one or more specific plans.
- Click on "Publish".
Questions about the audio RSS feed
What happens when a member cancels?
They will lose access to the exclusive audio feed when their member expires. After that, their individual RSS feed will no longer be active.
Can I connect the RSS Audio Feed with a specific membership plan?
Yes. You have to restrict access to the members of this plan when posting the new podcast episode (see above).
What happens when I make an audio post that is visible for all?
Then the episode will be accessible to everyone in your Posts section, including non-paying members. It will also be delivered via the individual Audio RSS Feeds.