Steady uses different payment providers for selling memberships (Paypal, Apple Pay, GoCardless for direct debit payments and Braintree for credit card payments). This results in transaction costs. Steady passes these costs on to the publishers. They vary depending on the currency in which a publication offers its memberships.
Transaction costs for publications in EUR and USD related to the selling price (gross) of a membership
When paying by direct debit
1% plus 20 cents
When paying by credit card
1.9% plus 30 cents
When paying via Apple Pay
1.9% plus 30 cents
When paying via PayPal
2.49% plus 35 cents
Transaction costs for publications in other currencies related to the selling price (gross) of a membership
For payments in Swedish crowns (SEK)
2.49% plus 3.25 SEK
For payments in British Pound Sterling (GBP)
2.49% plus 20 p
For payments in Swiss Franc (CHF)
2,9% plus Fr. 0.55
For payments in Danish krone (DKK)
2,9% plus kr. 2,60
For payments in Norwegian krone (NOK)
2,9% plus 2.80 kr
For payments in Złoty (PLN)
1,9% plus 1,30 zł
For payments in Hungarian forint (HUF)
1,9% plus 100,00 Ft
For payments in Czech koruna (CZK)
1,9% plus 10,00 Kč
For payments in South African Rand (ZAR)
2,9% plus R 5
Steady will pass on the costs that arise in the case of chargebacks or incorrect processing to the publishers.
- For payments by direct debit the costs per chargeback are €3.50.
- For payments by credit card the costs per chargeback are €30.
- For annual memberships, payment fees only apply once a year.
- Transaction costs incurred in euros are converted into the appropriate currency by Steady for projects paid in currencies other than euros using the openexchangerates.org currency service.
- The transaction costs that the payment providers charge and that we pass on to the publishers can change.
Effective: January 2020