Many people use the Pocket app to save articles they would like to read later. But not everyone knows that it’s also possible for members to save articles from Steady publishers that have been put behind a paywall.
To save paywalled articles to Pocket, follow these simple steps:
- Inside the Pocket app, go to Settings. On Android, this means tapping the overflow menu at the top-right corner. On iOS, go to Profile and then hit the gear icon. (Note: It is currently possible to save paywalled articles on Pocket’s mobile app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. This does not work on desktop).
- Select Manage Site Logins.
- Select Log in to a specific site.
- Enter the publication URL. For example, if you are a member of Krautreporter, you would enter “https://krautreporter.de”.
- Click Log in.
- Once the Pocket app loads the publication’s website, look for the Steady login button and enter your Steady login details.
Now you should be able to read the publication’s articles, in full, on your mobile Pocket app.
“I’ve logged in but articles are still cutting off at the paywall”
If you are trying to read a Steady publication’s saved articles in the Pocket app and finding that they still cut off at the paywall, first make sure you have followed the steps above and are logged in to Steady.
Then, if the problem persists, you will need to refresh the article. To do this, tap the three dots in the bottom right-hand corner while viewing the article and then select refresh. This will ensure you can view the complete article.