On Steady you can publish posts for your members and lay them out the way you want – with pictures, videos, audio content and so on.
Steady as a newsletter service
You can also send these posts as emails to your members, using Steady as a newsletter tool. The content of your entire post is then displayed in the email, which means your members don't need to click through to your Steady page to view the post. Of course, they can still do this, for example, if they want to comment on the post or give it a high five.
Currently you can only send posts to your members, but soon you will have the option to allow non-paying members to sign up for your emails, too. This way you will be able to collect newsletter subscribers along with paying members.
How to send your post as an email
- First layout your post.
- Click on Continue. You will be taken to the settings page for your post.
- Under Visibility you can specify who will have access to your post (everyone, your members, or members of certain plans) – and thus who will receive the email (if you select "For everyone" under Visibility, the email will be sent to all members).
- Under Distribution, select "Send as email" and enter a subject line.
- Check how the email looks by sending yourself a test email.
- Publish your post or schedule it for publication at a later date.
Once you publish your post, it will appear on your Steady page and be sent as an email to your members. The email will look exactly like the post on your Steady page.
Embedded content like tweets, images and animated GIFs will displayed in the email.
For audio posts, videos and similar content, a linked thumbnail will be created. In the case of a YouTube video, for example, recipients will only see a thumbnail that redirects to YouTube when it is clicked.
Your legal notice
Not all content embedded in your post can be displayed in the email
For example, an article preview or a Spotify embed will work in your post but not in the email. In this case, the corresponding link will appear with a grey border. (You can always check how it looks with a test email).
But don’t worry — all of this content is supported in the email view:
- Animated GIFs
We’ll be continuing work on this feature, to make it possible to display even more external content in the email in the future. If there are certain embeds you would like to use, write to us at email@example.com and we will see if we can make it happen.